Top Tips to Save Energy in Your Home All Year Round
Thursday, January 24th , 2013
As winter really gets underway, we all batten down the hatches and keep warm in the comfort of our homes. When it’s below freezing outside it’s understandable that the heating will inevitably be turned up a few degrees; of course, our energy bills are already rising and we certainly don’t need another hefty bill after an expensive Christmas.
Here at Bygone Windows we understand how difficult it can be to keep control of your energy usage and reduce your bills, which is why we’ve put together some useful hints and tips to help you out:
- Turn your heating down. Even if it’s only by 1 degree and you need to put an extra layer on to keep warm, you’d be surprised about how much energy you could save
- Don’t neglect to fix draughts or use draught excluders. It may seem trivial but a draught can make a whole room feel cold which, of course, leads to you turning your heating up
- Swap your light bulbs. Energy saving light bulbs can make a big difference to your energy consumption so if you haven’t already, now’s the time to swap your bulbs
- Insulate your home. You’re paying for the heat but what good is it if it’s not staying inside your house? Make your insulation a priority
- Replace your windows. Improving your substandard windows can dramatically increase your home’s energy efficiency and save you money
- Only fill your kettle with the amount of water that you need. Why waste energy heating up water that you won’t use?
- Invest in a monitor. You need to know how much energy you’re using to really understand how to reduce it
At Bygone Windows we are proud of our energy efficient and environmentally friendly windows; if you’re looking to save money on your energy bills then investing in our windows is the perfect solution. Feel free to browse our site for more information or contact us directly.
Learn why you get better windows because of these
Schedule a Design Consultation
Would you like to see a sample, discuss your requirements and options, or obtain an assessment of the costs for your project?
Please click on the button below and enter your details. An approved local installer will happily discuss your request and help assess your project.
If you would like a copy of our brochure please click the download button at the bottom of this page.