Add value to your home
Thursday, November 08th , 2018
If you intending to sell your home in the future, perhaps to work yourself up the property ladder, there is an important area you can change with a relatively small investment that can add value.
- Ensure that there is enough light and if there is not; replace a single light with a triple spotlight unit.
- Paint the walls in a light neutral colour for a relaxing atmosphere and add colour with accessories.
- Most buyers will find a shower an essential feature so ensure that at least one of your bathrooms has one. Check the plumbing before you buy the unit to ascertain if you have a mains pressure system or a gravity fed system. If you have the latter, consider a power shower or a combi system.
- Replace sanitary ware that is damaged or in outdated colours. A white bathroom suite will be inexpensive and neutral enough to appeal to the broader market. If budget allows and if there is enough space, consider a roll top bath or many of the other luxury options available.
- Floors should be clean and hygienic, tiled or in vinyl.
- Outdated tiles could be painted with white tile paint and if you need to replace tiles, consider tiling over the old tiles as this will be far less time consuming than removing them.
- Ensure that the bathroom has an extractor fan.
- Add a heated towel rail for a touch of luxury and some mirrors to create the illusion of space and to make the room appear brighter.
If your home is suitable for sash windows or has them as original, then consider that sash windows provide better ventilation than any other window style. Efficient ventilation prevents harmful dampness, condensation and fungal spores, especially important in areas such as bathrooms.
Whatever bathroom you choose, Bygone Collection sash windows will complement your new scheme and are available in either white or a colour of your colour to match the décor. We can also offer decorative obscured glass in areas where more privacy is required. For more inspiration download our brochure here.
Learn why you get better windows because of these
Request a Quotation
Would you like to see a sample, discuss your requirements and options, or obtain an assessment of the costs for your project?
If you would like a copy of our brochure please click the download button at the bottom of this page.