Big Energy Saving Week Now On
Tuesday, January 23rd , 2018
‘Big Energy Saving Week’ is a government funded initiative in partnership with Citizens Advice and Energy Saving Trust to encourage us all to save energy and to provide practical advice on how to reduce our bills.
There will be interesting snippets up on social media which will be worth looking out for, so join in the fun and save money at the same time!
Energy bills are a real concern in terms of expenditure but there are some really practical actions we can take to run a more energy efficient household.
Some easy ways to take control are: -
- Make sure that you understand your bill to help you gain control of your energy use.
- Switch off standby mode – Remember to turn appliances off standby mode because most appliances can be turned off at the plug without affecting the programming.
- In the kitchen, use a bowl instead of running the tap and only fill the kettle with the amount of water you require.
- Try cutting down on using your washing machine just once a week.
- If your shower gets hot water straight from your boiler or hot water tank, fit a water efficient shower head. This will reduce your hot water usage and still feel like a ‘power shower’.
- Reduce your shower time by one minute less a day to make significant yearly savings.
- Get your heating under control; most of the money spent on energy bills is from heating and hot water. Turn down the thermostat in your room by one degree to make a difference.
- Take advantage of new technology to help regulate and understand your energy consumption by getting ‘Smart heating controls’.
- Changing to LED spotlights will save money and come in a variety of fittings, shapes and sizes.
- Remember to turn off your lights when they are not required.
‘A’ rated Bygone Collection sash windows are Energy Saving Trust endorsed products and only the highest performing products are recommended by the Trust.
Masterframe Windows Ltd, manufacturers of the Bygone Collection were also the first company to be recommended by The Energy Savings Trust in the UK.
Our sash windows also provide many health benefits, read more here.
Learn why you get better windows because of these
Request a Quotation
Would you like to see a sample, discuss your requirements and options, or obtain an assessment of the costs for your project?
If you would like a copy of our brochure please click the download button at the bottom of this page.