Sash Window Specifications: What You Need To Know
Thursday, November 08th , 2012
Windows are just windows, right? All windows are pretty much the same, aren’t they? Well, no actually; there are a whole host of different factors that will affect the overall quality of your windows and the effects of your windows are more than simply aesthetic. Here at Bygone Windows we realise that you’ll be looking for the expertly manufactured sash windows using superior materials that meet the highest standards of quality.
To get a better idea of exactly what you’re getting with sash windows from us at Bygone, you’ll need the specifications. Here’s everything you need to know:
- Our sealed units come with a 5 year guarantee, have a 5mm between the edge and the timber and are manufactured to EN1279 standards
- All Bygone sash windows are made from 100% FSC approved European Redwood to ensure sustainability
- Joints are both pinned and glued with corrugated fasteners to ensure strength and durability
- All sash window timbers is treated with Boron Wood Preservative which is naturally occurring, does not pose any environmental hazard and does not bio-accumulate. Boron Wood treatments come with a 30 year guarantee to protect against fungal and rot attacks
- Spring balanced windows are fitted with Torso Balances which come with a 10 year guarantee
- Acorn furniture fitted to all Bygone sash windows is available in chrome, antique brass and pewter
- All sash windows with stained finished are guaranteed for 5 years while windows painted with microporous water based coating are guaranteed for 10 years
If you would like more information about the specifications of windows from us at Bygone, don’t hesitate to visit our website or contact us directly.
Learn why you get better windows because of these
Request a Quotation
Would you like to see a sample, discuss your requirements and options, or obtain an assessment of the costs for your project?
If you would like a copy of our brochure please click the download button at the bottom of this page.